- American Academy of Professional Coders
The largest U.S. medical business training and credentialing organization.
- American Association of Clinical Coders and Auditors
An organization for clinicians who perform medical coding.
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
A training, certification, network and advocacy group for health business workers.
- American Association of Medical Audit Specialists
A certification and advocacy group for medical audits across a wide variety of health care, insurance, and government professions.
- American Medical Billing Association (AMBA)
Education, networking, and certification organization for medical billers.
- American Health Information Management Association
A health information management professional organization.
- Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors
An organization specifically for internal auditors in the health care professions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
The government organization that administers Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. The CMS also provides a wide variety of health information.
- Healthcare Billing Management Association (HBMA)
A trade association for third-party medical billing firms.
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
A professional organization for financial managers in the healthcare industry
- Medical Association of Billers (MAB)
A training and accreditation organization for medical billers and coders.
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
A professional association for medical practice managers and leaders.
- National Alliance of Medical Accreditation Services
Training and certification for all medical staff positions.
- Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists
Certification, training, and resources on medical coding.